The Geosynthetic Materials Association (GMA) will conduct the next Lobby Day activities March 4-5, 2014.
GMA successfully made significant strides in 2012 to raise the profile of the industry in Washington, D.C. with policy makers on Capitol Hill. GMA can now count on many Members of Congress who are actively willing to step and help out the industry. A large part of our success is due to the continued participation of GMA membership.
To continue the momentum of our efforts, it is critical that GMA membership continue to participate and make sure that legislators are aware of the issues affecting their constituents. We look forward to your continued participation in our GMA D.C. fly-ins.
Issues important to the geosynthetics industry discussed during the congressional meetings will include:
- Life cycle costs and benefits of incorporating innovative materials in pavements.
- Geosynthetic liners in coal ash waste sites.
- The environmental and engineering solutions that geosynthetic materials bring to the shale gas extraction industry.
- Strategic discussions related to the Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) reauthorization.
- Continued relationship development with your Members of Congress.
Schedule of events
Tuesday, March 4
5:00 p.m. – GMA Dinner & Executive Council Meeting
Wednesday, March 5
7:45 a.m. – Kick off & Continental Breakfast
Whitmer & Worrall Offices
1901 Pennsylvania Ave, NW – Suite 600
Washington, D.C. 20006
+1 202 558 6000
Meetings will take place through 4:00 p.m.
(Non-mandatory debriefing will follow immediately.)
The Lombardy Hotel
2019 Pennsylvania Ave NW
+1 202 828 2600 or 800 424 5486
Group code: 2996
Nightly rate: $239.00 (not including applicable taxes and/or fees)
Cut-off date: Monday, Feb. 10, 2014
> Reserve your room
Registration ends on Feb. 3, 2014.
For more information, contact Lucie Passus: +1 651 225 6956, firstname.lastname@example.org.